Food Security and Livelihoods Programme Manager (Ukraine)
Organisatie: Dorcas Salaris: - Plaats: - Opleidingsniveau: WO Uren per week: 40-40 Werkvorm: Betaald Plaatsingsdatum: 07/02/2018 Reageren voor: 19/02/2018
We are Dorcas and we desire justice, both for people and their communities, so that they flourish. We strive for lasting change for those who live in poverty, are excluded, or are caught in a crisis. This is how we follow Jesus Christ.
We are a Christian organisation and we work prayerfully. We value entrepreneurship and are ready to go off the beaten track. We desire to partner with everyone who shares our mission.
For our operations we are regularly looking for Programme Managers in Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East. If you are interested in such a position, now or in the future, we would like to get in contact with you.
At this moment we are specifically recruiting a:
Food Security and Livelihoods Programme Manager
(stationed in Zaporizhia and Kurakhova, Ukraine, with frequent travel within Ukraine)
Employment: 1.0 FTE
Duration: 12 months with possible renewal of contract
Starting date: as soon as possible
The Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Programme Manager leads the FSL team of Dorcas Ukraine and oversees the implementation of the FSL programme focused on agricultural food security and livelihoods in a conflict/early recovery setting. The programme is mainly funded by institutional donors and implemented through consortia.
The FSL Programme Manager will be responsible for:
Strategy and programme development:
- Developing FSL programmes in line with Dorcas policies, Dorcas Annual Plan and with an eye on funding possibilities;
- Developing new FSL projects and proposals for institutional donors in conjunction with the team;
- Contributing to strategy and policy development;
- Active participation in the Country Management Team.
- Managing and monitoring high quality implementation of the FSL programme;
- Providing leadership through managing, capacitating and coaching of the local staff and partner organisations in project implementation;
- Providing technical advice, training and support to field staff and partner organisations;
- Programme staff recruitment;
- Testing innovations and approaches.
Networking and partnership building:
- Representing Dorcas at relevant FSL sector meetings;
- Networking with relevant FSL stakeholders, donors, government institutions and private sector.
- MA/Msc degree preferably related to Humanitarian Action, International Development Studies or Agricultural Science. Candidates with a BSc degree that have extensive relevant experience are also invited to apply;
- At least 5 years relevant field experience and at least 3 years programme management experience;
- Specialist in Food Security and Livelihoods;
- Experience working in Eastern Europe or in fragile/conflict-prone contexts is an advantage;
- Expert in humanitarian and early recovery programming;
- Experience working with partner organisations and consortia is an asset;
- Experience writing proposals, raising funds and managing projects funded by institutional donors;
- Settled character with ability to cope with stressful, delicate and possibly unstable situations (travelling to the contact line may be part of your responsibilities);
- Proactive attitude, flexible personality, strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Capable to pursuit, set goals and to achieve them;
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written); basic knowledge of Russian is a strong asset;
- Being a Christian, adhering to the Christian identity of Dorcas.
Dorcas offers the opportunity to become part of a growing International NGO with a dynamic and dedicated team of professionals. Dorcas offers a suitable pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. Furthermore, you will be offered an initial 12 month contract. Depending on continued funding, your performance and fit with the programme and staff, the contract will be extended.
Interested and qualified candidates are kindly invited to send a cover letter and resume (both in English) no later than February 19th, 2018 to email@example.com. In your cover letter please reflect on your motivation for wanting to become part of Dorcas, being a Christian organisation. Please clearly mention that you are applying for the abovementioned position.
For more information about this position or the recruitment process, please contact Mr. David Karelse, Recruitment Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are kindly advised to submit your application as soon as possible. An assessment can be part of the recruitment process.
Teamleider thuishavens Delfshaven en Kralingen (Rotterdam)
Operations & Events Manager
Online Marketing Communicatie Specialist
Secretaresse / Spin in het web op kantoor
Vrijwilliger Contactcentrum Vrienden van De Hoop
Online Marketeer (0.6 fte) bij IJM
Management Trainee Jeugdzorg
Communicatie medewerker / Grafisch vormgever / (24-40uur)
Teamleider Fondsenwerving en Communicatie
Medewerker Klantenservice (m/v)
(Meewerkend) Marketing Manager
Arbeidsongeschiktheid is geen eigen keus
Aanhoudend gebrek aan technisch personeel
NBG maakt Braillebijbels voor Ghana
Nieuw participatie-initiatief van De Hoop
'Meer begrip nodig voor ex-kankerpatiënten'
Voordelen van de werkende 50-plusser
Wittenberg Experience Days
Liefde, licht en genade meestgezochte Bijbelwoorden
Eleos neemt directeur Pro Life over
Is een loonstijging verantwoord?
Aantal technische vacatures explodeert
Arbeidsmarkt trekt verder aan
Nieuwe directie CGMV vakorganisatie
Nog minder vakbondsleden in 2017
'De Bijbel is een tijdloze inspiratie voor de samenleving'
Vertrouwen in regeerakkoord
'Weinig begrip voor onderwijsstaking'
ECB wil jeugdwerkloosheid te lijf gaan
CPB: 'Hogere lonen in komende jaren'
Dijsselbloem wordt lid van vakbond
Quotum arbeidsbeperkten bij overheid
"Vakbeweging en werkgevers, neem je verantwoordelijkheid!"
Forse toename van uitzendwerk
Steeds afgewezen na sollicitatie?
Zittende werknemers in beweging!
Waarmee kunnen we u helpen?
Nadenken en aanpakken
Burn-out en het evangelie