Disaster Response Officer
Organisatie: Stichting ZOA Salaris: - Plaats: Apeldoorn Opleidingsniveau: HBO Uren per week: 32-40 Werkvorm: Betaald Plaatsingsdatum: 14/11/2017 Reageren voor: 10/12/2017
Job location: preferably Apeldoorn, The Netherlands, but attendance in Apeldoorn can be negotiated
Starting date: January 2018
Vacancy closing date: December 11th 2017
Workhours: full time (40 hours a week)
Special circumstances: The job requires the flexibility to work abroad for 50% of the time.
ZOA is a Christian international NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. From Apeldoorn operates ZOA in seventeen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 1000 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a Disaster Response Officer (f/m)
As a member of the Disaster Response Team, the Disaster Response Officer leads or supports field operations that are initiated after a disaster occurs. These operations can be within and outside existing ZOA country programmes. The Disaster Response Officer thus contributes to extra organisational capacity that is created to respond to sudden crisis.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
In a ZOA Programme Country:
- Support the Country Director in exploring the possibilities for ZOA to become involved in disaster response operations;
- At the request of the Country Director, design and roll out disaster response programmes under supervision of the Director Disaster Response at ZOA NL;
- If based in the country that has experienced the crisis, support the Country Director to establish and maintain contacts with representatives of the local government, relevant embassies, institutional donors, INGOs and Local NGOs etc.;
- As directed by the Country Director, support and strengthen the capacity of local organisations to respond;
- As directed by the Country Director, develop proposals that respond to the crisis, manage projects, write reports.
Outside a ZOA Programme Country:
- Research the possibilities for ZOA to respond to a crisis or a disaster;
- Write Disaster Response Operations Plan (DROP);
- For sudden on-set emergency, conduct needs assessment and quick impact projects within one week of the crisis;
- Recruit local staff teams;
- Set up ZOA country projects for direct implementation or partner implementation;
- Develop strategy for 2nd phase response depending on the needs assessment;
- Procure necessary assets and facilities (cars, offices etc.).
Knowledge and experience
- Fluency in English, proficiency in French would be an asset;
- Relevant educational background;
- A minimum of five years relevant work experience in emergency projects;
- Knowledge of emergency donor requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Networking skills;
- Proposal writing and reporting skills.
- Capable to set up and run an organisation;
- Pioneering qualities (taking initiative, self starter);
- Experienced (people) manager;
- Knowledge in one or more of the following sectors:
- o Emergency shelter;
- o Emergency WASH;
- o Cash transfers;
- o Security management;
- o Communications;
- o Needs assessments.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA;
- Flexible attitude, yet result oriented;
- Ability to cope with stress.
- Available to work up to 50% of the time abroad, preferably in assignments of at least 6 weeks.
- Based at the ZOA office in Apeldoorn, the Netherlands.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in Apeldoorn and the programme countries and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
Interested and you want to apply?
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly through our website www.zoa.nl/vacatures according to the vacancy you wish to apply for, before December 11th. There you can also submit your CV and motivation letter directly online.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit our website www.zoa.nl and www.zoa-international.com. If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Lydia Gerritsma, HR Officer, via email email@example.com.
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
Coördinator Partners & Programma’s
Medewerker Werving Pleegzorg
Medewerker salarisadministratie / Financieel administratief medewerker
Medewerker Marketing en Communicatie (medior)
Medewerker HR (administratie)
HR-specialist (werving en selectie)
Facilitair Medewerker (Rotterdam/Zeist)
Vrijwilligers coördinator reisleiding
Country Program Director
chef werkplaats / begeleider
Disaster Response Officer
Teamcoach Eddee Zorgverlening & SAMEN 24 – 32 uur
Arbeidsmarkt trekt verder aan
Nieuwe directie CGMV vakorganisatie
Nog minder vakbondsleden in 2017
'De Bijbel is een tijdloze inspiratie voor de samenleving'
Vertrouwen in regeerakkoord
'Weinig begrip voor onderwijsstaking'
ECB wil jeugdwerkloosheid te lijf gaan
CPB: 'Hogere lonen in komende jaren'
Dijsselbloem wordt lid van vakbond
Quotum arbeidsbeperkten bij overheid
"Vakbeweging en werkgevers, neem je verantwoordelijkheid!"
Forse toename van uitzendwerk
Steeds afgewezen na sollicitatie?
Zittende werknemers in beweging!
Waarmee kunnen we u helpen?
Nadenken en aanpakken
Burn-out en het evangelie
38 procent werkt in woongemeente
Doe vrijwilligerswerk... op je werk!
Online check sollicitant aan banden?
'20 seconden lef kunnen bepalend zijn'
'300.000 fte aan onbetaald overwerk'
ZZP-organisaties laken behoudend rapport
Balen van je baas, toch dienstbaar zijn
CBS: Horeca kent minste ziekteverzuim
CGMV viert, met TimZingt en Carola Schouten
Van vluchteling tot kamerbode
CBS: 20% dienstverbanden is flex